Flashcards in 3) Cardiovascular Conditions Deck (5):
Describe the management of Heart Failure.
1st line - ACEi AND Beta blockers
2nd line - Spironolactone
3rd line - Hydralazine with nitrates
Name THREE medications used in Heart Failure that IMPROVE MORTALITY.
- ACEi (first line)
- Beta blockers (first line)
- Hydralazine w/ nitrates (if used, have to be clustered together)
Also accepted - ARBs
What is the first-line investigation for suspected Heart Failure.
Which blood result determines in what time frame an echo would be performed in someone with suspected Heart Failure? Describe the different scenarios possible.
- Previous MI - do an echo within two weeks
- No previous MI, but high level of BNP (400+) - do an echo within two weeks
- No previous MI, but raised level of BNP (100-400) - do an echo within six weeks