- Adolescense- Period beginning with appearance of secondary sex characteristics and ending with physical and emotional maturity.
- Androgens- male sex hormone
- Estrogen- female sex hormone
- growth spurt-rapid period of growth in which body reaches adult height and weight
- menarche- first mentrual period
4 major task of the teenager
- Establish sense of identity
- separating from family
- Initiating intimacy
- Developing career choices for economic independance
Formal operations stage of cognitive development that ateenager can do is?
1 of the strongest needs of the teenager
period right before sex organs start to change
Puberty occurs earlier in?
1st change of puberty in a boy
sperm production begins at?
13 to 14 yrs
2 important cancer screens to teach teenagers?
Monthly breast and testicular self examinations.
Erickson's for teenagers
Identity vs role confusion
Possible adult outcomes if teen does not achieve identity
Rigid action, bewildered, depressed, or clings to conformity long after maturity. low self esteem, and shows alienation. unusual need for novel experiences.
Adolescents thinks everyone is looking at them?
A teen preoccupations with his image is normal?
how can cliques facilitate peer relationships?
unisex, similar interest and taste, and values. close with 1 peer in clique (BFF)
Routine task compliance
let them know the reason and objective
age appropriate allowance aids in money management.
True or false
- Daydreaming is a warning sign of a mental illness? F
- A teens cultural background can influence dating? T
- Sexual curiosity and masturbation are common? T
- parents should answer sex questions truthfully? T
- sex expirements with same sax is a predictor of homosexuality? F
Risk factors that increase risk of nutritional deficiencies inteen
- Rapid rate of growth amd maturation increase demands.
- Erratic eating habits contribute to inadequate nutrient intake.
teen most likely deficient in
- Vitamin B12
Vegan teen may lack?
- Vitamin B12
Primary safety risk for teens?
The use of motor vehicles
HS students who participate in competitive sports should have a?
Comprehensive cardiovascular screening
A change is school performance, appearance, and behaviour can signal?
Younger teens often have akward appearance because?
Body parts grow and mature at different rates
A person who does not establish an Identity is more likely to?
Conform to a peer group for a prolonged time
A parent can best help the teen make a wise desicion by?
respecting the teens decision, even if they make a mistake. they need to learn from their mistakes.
Younger teens tend to be egocentric because?
preoccupied with their physical development
teen peer group helps with?
Separating from family
Normal teen occurence
strict vegetarian teen is deficient in?