Flashcards in Speed Deck (5):
equation for average speed
average speed = distance / time
Understand why one type of speed camera takes two
• a certain time apart
• when the vehicle moves over marked lines a
known distance apart on the road.
Understand how average speed cameras work.
- a camera takes a photo of the car number plate
- a second camera takes a photo of the same car later
- the time between the photos and the distance between the cameras is used to work out the average speed
Interpret the relationship between speed, distance
• increasing the speed, which increases the
distance travelled in the same time
• increasing the speed reduces the time needed to
cover the same distance.