Flashcards in Translation - Protein Synethesis Deck (12)
1. What does a ribosome attach to and where?
mRNA at the initiation codon
1. What does the ribsome enclose?
2. What is the first tRNA molecule attached to and what does it do?
Diffuses to ribsome.
2. What does the tRNA molecules anticodon do?
It attaches to the first mRNA codon by complementary base pairing.
3. What does the next amino acid - tRNA do?
Attaches to the adjacent mRNA codon by complementary base pairing.
4. What happens to the bond between the amino acid and tRNA?
Its cut and a peptide bond is formed between the two amino acids,
4. What are these operations catalyzed by?
Enzymes in the ribsomes called ribozymes.
5. Where does the ribsome move along?
One codon so that anew amino acid-tRNA can attach.
5. What does the free tRNA molecule do?
Leaves to collect another amino acid.
5. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THIS?
The cycle repeats from step 3.
6. What does the polypeptide chain do?
Elongates one amino acid at a time and peels away from the ribosome folding up into a protein as it goes.